Thursday, January 31, 2013

Homemade-Green Tea Toner

Every women would agree that in order to have a clear and smooth looking skin we have to follow a regular beauty regime. Cleanse, tone and moisturize.

Before I became a homemade fanatic I use to buy and experiment on different kinds of skin products like facial wash, facial cream, moisturizers and toners. Then I came across a blog of women who uses homemade beauty products and I was amazed and convinced. It is really cheap, easy to make and it's good to know the ingredients of the product I'm using for my skin. Then I know it's safe and won't harm my skin. After searching for good homemade skin products I've decided to make my own version of Green Tea Toner. Green tea is antioxidant, can reduce skin inflammation and increase the skin's elasticity. Green Tea Toner can cleanse and reduce the appearance of pores and gives the skin a youthful glow.

Here are the ingredients I use in making Green Tea Toner
100ml hot water
2 Green Tea bag
1 tsp Glycerine
2 Tbsp Rose water

Steep 2 Green tea bags in a 100ml hot water and leave for at least 30 minutes. I leave it for a couple of hours for a better result.
Discard the tea bags and add the Glycerine and rose water. Glycerine helps to make your skin softer.
Some people add other ingredients like lemon, honey or baking soda, I omit them this time since I use lemon and honey as my facial cleanser.
Transfer your toner in a small bottle or in a small spray bottle. You can keep this in the fridge for a week or two.

Use Green Tea Toner at least twice a day after face cleansing and before applying your moisturizer. Simply wet a facial cotton and apply to a clean face as you would for any toner.

I even spritz green tea toner on my face in the middle of the day during hot summer days.
There you go, your cheap and easy to make Green Tea Toner.



No comments:

Post a Comment